We are now accepting applications for the 2013-2014 school year for Pre-Kindergarten. We will have just 43 students in our Pre-Kindergarten, split into 2 classes, so we expect to have a waiting list. We encourage anyone who is interested to apply as soon as possible to ensure their student obtains a spot in the class.
What makes our Pre-Kindergarten program different?
- Through a supervised structured play approach to learning, children are given a range of opportunities to enhance their potential for intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual growth.
- We provide specials including music, art, and physical education once per week. A technology class is provided to 4 yr olds. These classes are taught by teachers certified in these areas.
- Our Pre-Kindergarten is licensed by the Ohio Dept. of Education. We follow the Ohio Early Learning Content Standards. These standards provide the guidance to help young children enter kindergarten ready for success.
What are our goals and objectives?
- Provide each child with positive Pre-Kindergarten experiences
- Develop large and small motor skills
- Learn to socialize with peers and adults
- Gain independence
- Accept responsibility
- Establish and develop friendships
- Engage in cooperative play
- Become aware of the fact he/she is a child of God
- Provide opportunities for quiet/active play
Requirements for all Pre-Kindergarten students:
- Must be at least three or four years old on or before September 30, 2013.
- Students must be potty trained.
For four year olds, we offer 3 or 5 full day sessions per week. Three day sessions are held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
For three year olds, we offer 3 or 5 half day sessions per week. Three day sessions are held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Early registration and snack fee is $100 per child if paid by March 30, 2013. The registration fee after that date is $150. The fee is non-refundable and is not applied to tuition.
- Age Three – Three half day sessions (M/W/F): $220 per month.
- Age Three – Five half day sessions: $360 per month.
- Age Four – Three full day sessions (M/W/F): $300 per month.
- Age Four – Five full day sessions: $390 per month.
- Nine monthly payments are due prior to the first of each month from September through May.
- If the parents have any other children in the Kateri Catholic School System, Pre-Kindergarteners are eligible for a Multiple Student Grant of $20 per month, or $180 per year.
- Unfortunately, due to our competitive rates, we are unable to offer any other financial aid for the Pre-Kindergarten students.
To apply, complete both of the following forms and return them to the Main Office of the school either in person or by mail at Kateri Catholic Academy, Attention: Admissions, 3225 Pickle Road, Oregon, OH 43616.
Application Form (Preschool Only)
If you have questions:
Nine monthly payments are due prior to the first of each month from September through May.