Middle School Admissions for 2015-2016
We are now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 school year for our middle school consisting of sixth through eighth grade. We expect to have a waiting list for several of our grades, so we encourage anyone who is interested to apply as soon as possible to ensure their student obtains a spot in the class.
What makes our middle school different?
- We provide specials including music, art, technology, and physical education once per week. These classes are taught by teachers certified in these areas.
- Honors level math and language arts are offered in seventh grade. Eighth graders can take honors level language arts and algebra I in conjunction with Cardinal Stritch Catholic High School.
- We emphasize learning in Science through requiring science fair projects of all eighth grade students.
- In our Religion classes, we help to prepare the eighth graders for Confirmation. Students also tour Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral, attend a taping of the Mass for the home-bound, and participate in a class retreat.
- All faculty members also have laptops, and all classrooms are equipped with interactive SMARTBoards. Parents and students have access to PowerSchool, an online student information system.
- Tuition is $4,700 per year per student.
- The composite fee is $700 per year per student.
- The early registration fee is $150 per child if paid by February 20, 2015. The registration fee after this date increases to $200. The fee is non-refundable and is not applied to tuition.
Grants and Financial Aid:
- We strive to make Catholic education affordable for all those who desire to provide it for their children, so there are many grants and scholarships available.
- If you are a member of a Catholic church in the St. Kateri Deanery, the Catholic Parishioner Grant of $1,500 and Kateri Parishioner Grant of $300 reduce tuition to $2,900 for qualified students. Families must have their pastor sign the Parishioner Verification form to apply.
- Families with more than one student in the St. Kateri Catholic Schools are eligible for the following Multiple Student Grants: a 10% discount for their second child, a 20% discount for their third child and a 30% discount for any additional children in the school. The oldest child will be charged full tuition, and the grants are applied from the next eldest to the youngest child. Pre-kindergarten students will receive a flat discount of $20 per month or $180 per year. Grant must be applied for using the Scholarship and Grant Application Form.
- The largest amount of financial aid awarded is in the form of grants that are based on need. Financial need is based on family income, expenditures, number of children in the family, and other parochial tuition costs incurred. Grants range from $250-$2,500 depending on need. We require all parents who want to be considered for financial grants to complete the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment application online at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3FHMB.
- Option 1: Pay all tuition in full to the school by April 30, 2015 for the 2015-2016 school year. Payment may be made by cash, personal check, bank check, money order or credit card.
- Option 2: All balances not paid prior to April 30, 2015 must be paid monthly through an automatic withdrawal from a checking or savings account through the FACTS Tuition Management Company. A finance charge of $150 is added to all balances not paid by April 30, 2015.
To apply for admission, complete the following form and return it to the Main Office of the school either in person or by mail at St. Kateri Catholic Academy, Attention: Admissions, 3225 Pickle Road, Oregon, OH 43616.
St. Kateri Catholic Schools Registration Form (Kindergarten-12th Grade)
What is the admissions process?
- Complete the application packet and return it to the main office at Cardinal Stritch Catholic High School and St. Kateri Catholic Academy.
- If necessary, apply for financial assistance by completing the FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3FHMB. There is a $30 fee to apply, paid directly to FACTS. Also complete the paper Scholarship and Grant Application Form and submit it to the school. The financial aid application deadline for new incoming students is April 10, 2015.
- You will receive a phone call from the Director of Enrollment regarding the next steps.
- Registration forms and scholarship award letters are mailed, or can be picked up at the main office of the school.
- The parents or legal guardians must return the following to the school: the registration fee, the signed payment agreement, and other required registration documents to complete the admissions process.
- Welcome to the Cardinal Family!
If you have questions: